Press Release

Versalis and Mater-Bi: negotiations in final stages for Versalis’ acquisition of Novamont, a leader in the chemicals from renewables business

21 April 2023 - 8:16 AM CEST

 San Donato Milanese (Milan), 5 April 2023 – Versalis, Eni’s chemical company and 36% shareholder of Novamont, and Mater-Bi, a subsidiary of Investitori Associati II and NB Renaissance, shareholder of Novamont’s remaining 64%, announce exclusive negotiations to finalise the acquisition by Versalis of Novamont’s entire share package. 

Novamont is one of the leading international companies in the chemistry from renewables business, particularly in biodegradable and compostable bioplastics. 

Versalis is the first Italian chemical company and an international leader in the sector, whose strategy is strongly aimed at portfolio specialization through chemistry from renewables.